Sunday 21 June 2020

Roadblock

Day 10 of starting domperidone : Noticing two main changes since starting the medicine.  One is that my supply has improved a little.  I am able to pump upto 10 ml from both sides combined. Its nowhere near the little one's requirement. But it is better than 5ml I was pumping 10 days ago.
 
 Secondly,  repeatedly getting lo to nurse every feed has established the pattern which means my boobs are filling up every two hours albeit left side more than right.

 But since the flow is still just a trickle,  lo has suddenly started screaming every time I take her to boob before the feed. I try so hard to nurse her but she just screams her head off and refuses to nurse, demanding the bottle.  And I can't nurse her after she takes the bottle as she just falls of to sleep.

  Getting LO to nurse at least 8 times a day is becoming a challenge! One way I found is to start nursing her at the first sign of hunger, when she is just starting to fidget . She is calm and accepts the boob easily.  I think if my supply increases then she will nurse better. I have noticed th that she nurses better at night when my supply is better than in the afternoon when it decreases.  

 Hoping that in another week my supply doubles. 

CJ

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Almost there!

It's now 5 weeks since I started my relactation journey.  Its working pretty well. I'm reducing formula when ever possible.  Today s...