Wednesday 17 June 2020

Got milk!

  Relactation process is simple but requires lots of effort and patience! I started my relactation journey on June 1st, just as my daughter turned 5 weeks old. I began with hand expressing just a few drops of milk to expressing nearly 10 ml from both sides. Four days later I began domperidone.  It really worked its magic. After just 5 days on dom I was able to reduce nearly half an oz of supplement alternate feed! So of total 28 oz of formula through the day we reduced to 26.5 oz .( spread among 10 feeds through the day). On day 15 of relactation I upped my dosage from 20mg to 30mg. And that night was the first time I was able to nurse her. Today is day 17. So far I notice that my boobs get full every 3-4 hrs.  LO (little one) however feeds every 2 hrs. Though I try to nurse her every feed, I'm able to reduce her formula only on those feeds where my milk has come in. I have read that dom usually shows full effect after 4-6 weeks. Most women have seen their supply double, triple in 6 weeks. So keeping my fingers crossed.  🤞

CJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Almost there!

It's now 5 weeks since I started my relactation journey.  Its working pretty well. I'm reducing formula when ever possible.  Today s...