Thursday 25 June 2020

15 days later...

So I have some interesting updates here. Firstly today is day 15 since I started with domperidone.  As I mentioned in my previous post about how LO was refusing to latch and hence I had resorted to pumping only since last couple of days. I don't know if it was inefficient pumping or due to non breastfeeding  or sudden increase in milk flow , my breasts suddenly were lumpy and swollen.  It scared the shit out of me as I thought I was on my way to developing mastitis. I spent the next two days pumping,  heating my boobs with warm compresses,  massaging and trying to latch my little babe. Finally got her to latch and suck since last evening and I saw as the lumps cleared my supply was up! And more ducts in my boobs had opened.  Whereas earlier I could see milk come out of just one or two openings on my nipple, since last evening I can see milk pour out of more openings when I hand express. Also I need to put less pressure when I'm expressing to draw out milk.  In fact my left side I can literally see milk shoot out of the nipple when I squeeze it!

  Since last evening baby has been latching easily and sucking well. But it was today morning that she finally nursed well on both sides and I supplemented her with only 2 oz of formula.  Which means combining both the sides I'm making about 1oz!!! Definitely more than 10 ml I was pumping 3 days ago! Add to that,  I noticed today my left boob was leaking in between feeds again! The last time it leaked was when my milk came in 4 days postpartum. 

 I am so extra motivated right now! While I am not sure if I'll completely stop supplementing with formula , I am now hopeful that my other goal of breastfeeding my daughter until she is at least 6 months old looks pretty doable. 
  


CJ


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Almost there!

It's now 5 weeks since I started my relactation journey.  Its working pretty well. I'm reducing formula when ever possible.  Today s...